- Raxó, surrounded by the Pontevedra's estuary, with the Island of Tambo to control it, our village stands in a privileged and attractive environment. All along the coast, you can enjoy very charming coves with fine white sand. Small beautiful beaches (Xiorto, Sinás or Sta. Mariña) or large sandy bays, as the famous Lanzada, Montalvo and Areas, washed by the Atlantic Ocean, with its clear waters. The Rías Baixas coastline stands at the first place in Europe for beaches with Blue Flags.
Nearby we have a beautiful sceneries and villages, worth visiting. The following ones have to be highlighted:
- The Toja's island in the O Grove's peninsula with its aquarium, village called 'the paradise of seafood'
- The nearby Sanxenxo is the most popular tourist destination of Galicia, with a modern marina, ideal for practicing a multitude of water sports and fishing in various parts of the coast. Apart from that, you will find a large number of services to organize your daily excursions. Nights are full of life in Sanxenxo and many trendy bars and clubs will welcome you until late in the morning. Portonovo, the nearest village is another option to enjoy typical local 'tapas' or to visit the new fish market (lonja).
- Combarro (5 kms), the village included in 1973 in the World Heritage, is a place to be seen absolutely for its high concentration of 'horreos' (graneries) at the seashore and very beautiful Baroque balconies hanging over narrow stone streets. Is one of the most representative and picturesque villages in Galicia.
- Monasteries in the surroundings, such as Poio, Lérez or the monastery of Armenteira that demonstrate the grandeur and beauty of the Cistercian monasteries of medieval origin.
- Old Town of Pontevedra: full of monuments, seigniorial houses, small squares, the museum of Pontevedra and churches of great interest as the Basilica of Santa María, the 'Capilla de la Peregrina', the Church of San Bartolomé and the Ruins of Santo Domingo.
- Cambados, beautiful historic and artistic city, in which stand out the enclosure formed on one side by the church, the square, the manor of Fefiñáns and on the other side the church of Santa Marina of Dozo, declared national monument.
- Santiago de Compostela. World Heritage City and Catholic enclave of pilgrimage, especially during Holy Years. Breathtaking city with beautiful streets, arcades and squares whose epicenter is the Obradoiro Square, from where emerges the majestic cathedral.
- The National Park of the Atlantic Islands. Among the most recommended routes is the visit of this park. First option, you can visit in one day the Ons island just at the mouth of the Pontevedra estuary, taking a boat for a ride of half an hour. Second option, you may prefer reaching the Cies Island at the entrance of the Vigo's estuary and enjoying what is considered the best beach of the world, the beach of Rodas.
To these attractions, we can add numerous pilgrimages, gigs, festivals, mills paths, hiking, gastronomy, wine, culture, golf, bird watching and an endless list of activities that we will have a pleasure to expand on your demand, in order to make your stay as pleasant as possible.